Sunday 23 January 2011

For He is my Saviour

There is a tradition of writing Christian words to be sung to popular tunes.  We find it, for example, in Songs of Victory, the hymn book of the Faith Mission where there are tunes written by Stephen Foster as well as Scottish tunes such as The Rowan Tree and Auld Lang Syne.  These words were given to me some time ago and were written to the tune of the Scottish song These are my Mountains.

For He is my Saviour
And He is my Friend.
He’s promised to lead me,
Right to the end.
He bought me salvation
On dark Calvary.
He’s all that I ask for.
He’s precious to me.

The road may be weary.
The road may be long.
With Jesus beside me,
I’ll conquer the storm.
I’ll trust Him for ever,
Whate’er may befall,
And give Him the glory
And give Him my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.